- Address: 2000 Division Avenue North
- Phone: 403-502-8566
- Google Map
- Transit - Route 11 - NW Crescent Heights, Bus Stop 18 at the Family Leisure Centre. The bus stop closest to the Family Leisure Centre is the first stop after the bus makes the loop to head back downtown.
- Parking - Accessible parking is available on both the East and West sides of the building as well as near the playground.
- Entrance - level entry with automatic doors.
Facilities Family Leisure Centre Diagram
- Indoor Recreation facilities include: several pools, ice rink, weight room, viewing areas, dressing rooms, meeting rooms, and washrooms
- Outdoor Recreation facilities include: Accessible Playground, soccer pitches, baseball diamonds, and outdoor exercise equipment
- 50 m Pool has both portable stairs and a portable seated lift for patrons.
- Wave Pool and Lazy Stream can be accessed from a ramped entrance off the pool deck.
- Steam Room - level entrance from the pool deck to the steam room. Please note: the door to the steam room does not have a push button entrance.
- Hot Tub - can be accessed using the seated lift or by the stairs which have solid rails on either side.
- Water slides - are accessed by a 4 story staircase with railings on both sides.
- Viewing Area - a level entry viewing area can be accessed from the main waiting area.
- Change Facilities
- Concession Coming Soon will include healthy choice options
- Meeting Rooms - Whether for Corporate Meetings, Birthdays, or Corporate Parties, both large and small accessible meeting rooms are available for rent. Meeting rooms can be booked by phoning 403-502-8566.
- Weight Room - New Expanded Weight Room Coming Soon
- Entrance - A push button activated door provides access to the main hallway leading to the ice surface, dressing rooms and the Southeast viewing area.
- Dressing Rooms - There is a level entry to the dressing rooms.
- Viewing Area - Accessible seating is available at the Southeast corner of the rink with overhead heating. A fully heated viewing space is also available at the south end of the rink behind the glass.
Skating schedule - Please note: the schedule does change from week to week so please check back often. The Family Leisure Centre Skating times are identified "FLC".
The Kinsmen Club of Medicine Hat proudly sponsors free public skating times for our community to enjoy. Our schedule is split into three separate categories:
- Public Skating - anyone is welcome. Fast skaters are encouraged to skate around the outside edge.
- Family Skating - children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult. This is a perfect opportunity for parents to bring their child skating for the first time.
- Adult Skating - limited to adults over the age of 18.
To ensure the safety of all skaters, hockey sticks and pucks are not allowed on the ice during Public Skating. The skating schedule is included in the Calendar of Events on this website.
skating hotline at 403-502-8570.
Playground - in the shape of a Norse ship is accessible for everyone. The playground sits between the soccer pitches and the Family Leisure Centre (FLC).
- Surfacing - a poured in place recycled tire solid surface for total accessibility. The surfacing is firm, stable, slip resistant and level with the walkway. It provides outstanding shock absorption.
- Equipment - a mix of both accessible and more demanding features to challenge a wide variety of children and abilities.
- Picnic Tables - the public are encouraged to bring a picnic or snack and enjoy the playground and other facilities.
- Bicycle Racks - at both the playground and near the FLC entrance to support your active lifestyle.
- Washrooms - accessible public washrooms are located in the FLC building on the Rink side. Follow the paved trail to the FLC.
Outdoor Exercise Equipment - workout while the kids are playing. Pictures and instructions of how to use the equipment are posted at each of the 8 stations.