The City of Medicine Hat offers a Child Minding Service at the Family Leisure Centre for pass holders and participants who require short term care for their children while they are using the facility for their health and fitness goals. The program serves children aged two months to eight years of age. Children eight years and over may access the pool.
|Hours of Operation
Monday - Saturday
8 AM - Noon
||2 months - 7 years
Child Minding is booked in 15 minute increments.
$1.50 / 15 minutes ($6/hour) per child
This service is available on a drop-in basis. Pre-booking is not available. The Family Leisure Centre will have two Child Minding Staff on duty during the hours of operation identified above. Recognizing that every day may include mixed age ranges, staff will endeavor to meet Alberta Childhood Standard age ratio guidelines and may call in additional staff if necessary.
CHECK IN AND PAYMENT
Parent and Child must be registered as clients in our software system in order to check in to Child Minding. Please stop at the front desk prior to your first visit in order to register as a client for Child Minding. Once you are in our system, you may continue to the Child Minding Room where the child(ren) will be checked in and out. Payment must be made at the front desk once children have been picked up from the Child Minding area.
As a convenience to frequent users (and to avoid having to bring a wallet into the facility each time), parents may purchase “Credit” on the child’s account and payment will be deducted at the front desk after each use.
- Parents/Guardians must remain in the building while using Child Minding services unless they are participating in an outdoor program (a cell phone number is required).
- Children are to be dropped off and picked up promptly.
- Parents/guardians are to provide diapers and wipes that their child may require.
- Outside shoes must be removed outside the Child Minding room. Socks must be worn once inside the room to ensure safety and cleanliness.
- Due to the potential for serious allergic reactions, there is no food allowed in the Child Minding Area. Children are encouraged to have their snack in the main lobby or at one of our food services locations under the supervision of their parent/guardian before or after care. As an additional safety measure, allergies should be brought to the attention of the Child Minding caregivers.
- Personal belongings are to be labeled and must be removed from the Child Minding area upon departure. Please do not leave valuables in your child’s bag or backpack. The City of Medicine Hat is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Child Minding caregivers will not administer medication to children and medications should not be brought to the Child Minding Area. Emergency medications such as EpiPens are an exception to this—any emergency medication will be placed in the Emergency Medication bin.
- We ask that parents/guardians do not bring their children if they have a rash, cough, fever, diarrhea, nausea or are vomiting.
If you have any additional questions about our Child Minding Program, please contact the Recreation Program Coordinator at 403.525.8680 or firstname.lastname@example.org.