The primary responsibility of the Office of the City Clerk is to administer the processes through which information is delivered to Council, committees of Council and municipal quasi-judicial boards and tribunals. The recommendations and decisions made at those levels are documented and accessed.
Other duties include:
The City Clerk also serves as:
- preparing, distributing and preserving agendas, minutes and decisions of Council and its committees, boards and tribunals;
- ensuring the business of Council, Council committees, boards and tribunals is conducted in accordance with all applicable statutes, regulations and bylaws, and principles of natural justice;
- maintaining essential records and documents;
- issuing approvals for special events;
- servicing the City’s general information telephone line; and
- providing administrative support services to members of Council, boards and tribunals.
- Returning Officer for municipal elections and conducts the municipal census;
- City’s Chief Protocol Officer and ensures compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPP); and
- Corporate Secretary to the City's corporate affiliate, Allied Oil and Gas Corp.
Contact the City Clerk's Office:
580 First Street SE
Medicine Hat , AB T1A 8E6
General Inquiries: 403.529.8115
Official Records: 403.529.8221
Fax Line: 403.529.8182