Services are currently being offered out of the Strathcona Centre - 1150 5th Street SE.
Veiner Centre is a vibrant community offering social networks, services and support to people 50-plus in Medicine Hat. Veiner Centre is a "home away from home" for its 1790+ members. People come to Veiner Centre to meet with friends, eat great home-cooked meals, volunteer, and take part in our diverse activities. Above all, they come to have fun!
Veiner Centre was opened in 1975 and was named after Medicine Hat's former mayor, Harry Veiner. Veiner Centre is the home of Senior Services, a division of the Community Development Department.
Philosophy & Principles
Here at Veiner Centre, we believe that:
- Persons 50-plus have and want to share their talents, wisdom, experience and many abilities.
- Volunteers are essential and should be valued and recognized.
- Adults 50-plus contribute to and are valuable members of our community.
- Healthy communities need all ages and entities to work together by developing strong partnerships.
- Services should be coordinated and non-duplicated.
- It is essential that we provide choices to individuals.
- Nutrition, active living and wellness programs are important factors for a person’s well-being.
- Education and information assists families to make informed decisions about their lives.
- Special events are fun. They link the community, dispel myths about aging, use senior expertise and conserve our heritage.
- Ongoing learning stimulates wellness, builds self-esteem, provides opportunities to use new skills and maintains current technological abilities.
- A holistic approach to program and services provision is essential.
1150 - 5th Street SE
Medicine Hat, AB, T1A 8C7