Welcome to the City of Medicine Hat’s Current Career Opportunities Page:
City of Medicine Hat employees have a passion for public service. They take pride in helping to make Medicine Hat a strong community, ‘a community of choice’ both now and in the future. Our employees build and maintain positive relationships based on trust, respect, honesty and integrity to ensure Medicine Hat residents have a safe and healthy community to live, work and play in.
Our City sets high standards for customer service and strives to continue to be a leader in municipal government. Whether it's delivering essential services, maintaining our infrastructure and facilities or running community programs, all work is valued.
The City of Medicine Hat offers many rewarding career opportunities in a number of different fields. Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
If you would like to be part of a team with years of proven success, please view our current employment opportunities below. Thank you for your interest in working with the City of Medicine Hat.
If an Employment Opportunity makes reference to a Collective Agreement, they can be viewed here.
Please visit the Human Resources Department for more information.
19027A - Communications Operator- 911 Dispatcher
- Salary/Pay Rate:CUPE
- Posted Date:01/23/2019
Now Hiring COMMUNICATIONS OPERATOR
9-1-1 DISPATCHER (CASUAL)
Make a difference. Help your community. Love what you do.
Working in a team environment, this position is responsible for receiving, evaluating, coordinating and dispatching various requests for assistance or response of local and/or regional Protective Services and other related agencies.
- Grade 12 or high school equivalency diploma;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills;
- Able to perform required duties under stressful situations;
- Minimum 40 wpm;
- Excellent ability to speak, read and write with clear and concise English;
- 20/20 vision with corrective lenses, no colour vision deficit;
- Must be able to successfully complete a hearing-in-noise test and demonstrate adequate hearing in the normal work setting with corrective devices;
- Must pass PERFEX aptitude assessment;
- MHPS Police Security requirements and undergo Polygraph examination;
- Emergency Fire Dispatch (EFD), Emergency Police Dispatch (EPD) Certificates and Standard First Aid/ Level C CPR.
This position has been identified as Safety Sensitive and requires the completion of a satisfactory pre-employment drug screen.
Our organization offers competitive salary, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition 19027A Human Resources Department, City of Medicine Hat, Suite 101, 505 First Street SE, Medicine Hat T1A 0A9; fax (403) 525-8870; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please click here.
This posting will remain open until Filled.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.