Welcome to the City of Medicine Hat’s Current Career Opportunities Page:
City of Medicine Hat employees have a passion for public service. They take pride in helping to make Medicine Hat a strong community, ‘a community of choice’ both now and in the future. Our employees build and maintain positive relationships based on trust, respect, honesty and integrity to ensure Medicine Hat residents have a safe and healthy community to live, work and play in.
Our City sets high standards for customer service and strives to continue to be a leader in municipal government. Whether it's delivering essential services, maintaining our infrastructure and facilities or running community programs, all work is valued.
The City of Medicine Hat offers many rewarding career opportunities in a number of different fields. Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
If you would like to be part of a team with years of proven success, please view our current employment opportunities below. Thank you for your interest in working with the City of Medicine Hat.
If an Employment Opportunity makes reference to a Collective Agreement, they can be viewed here.
Please visit the Human Resources Department for more information.
19169A - Legislative Coordinator
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Non-Union
- Posted Date:09/11/2019
- Deadline to Apply:09/25/2019 4:30 PM
Now Hiring Legislative Coordinator
The City of Medicine Hat has an exciting new opportunity of Legislative Coordinator reporting to the City Clerk. If you have experience working with municipal governance including quasi-judicial tribunals such as Assessment Review Board and Subdivision and Appeal Board and applying FOIP legislation this may be the opportunity for you!
This position offers variety while ensuring compliance of legislative requirements and governed processes, with managing both municipal censuses and elections being part of the portfolio as well. Customer service and process focused individuals will thrive in this role as it is often the first contact with the public on behalf of the organization and to board members, administration and other internal customers providing support and guidance for legislative requirements. The position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and a pro-active approach.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration or a related field
- Five (5) years directly related experience in Public Administration
- Possession of, or ability to acquire and maintain the following:
- Administrative Law I & II (Alberta Municipal Affairs)
- Assessment Review Board Clerk designation (Municipal Government Board)
- Subdivision and Appeal Board Clerk designation (Alberta Municipal Affairs)
- Managing a FOIP Program (Service Alberta)
- Commissioner of Oaths appointment (Alberta Justice)
- Successful completion of course in Local Government Administration from a recognized education institution would be an asset
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a “Community of Choice”; a place where people choose to live, work and play. The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Low Utility Rates and Taxes
- Family Oriented Community
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition #19169A Human Resources Department, City of Medicine Hat, Suite 101, 505 First Street SE, Medicine Hat T1A 0A9; fax (403) 525-8870; e-mail email@example.com.
This posting will remain open until Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.