Experienced Police Officer
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Medicine Hat Police Association
- Posted Date:12/04/2019
- Deadline to Apply:01/31/2020
Now Hiring Experienced Police Officers
The Medicine Hat Police Service wants you to become a member of our team! The Medicine Hat Police Service has an exciting opportunity for two experienced police officers to join a dedicated group of police professionals, serving and protecting our community with pride. As a member of the MHPS you will be part of a progressive, thriving organization and a community with plenty to offer.
If you are ready for a change, and are excited by the opportunity to serve a great city located in Southern Alberta contact us today! Visit MHPS to review the required qualifications / to download the application package. If you have any questions or need more information contact a member of the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Minimum 18 years of age;
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Certificate Required);
- Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency;
- Driver’s abstract dated within one month of application. Greater than five (5) demerits disqualifies applicant
- Applicants shall not have a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted (proof of pardon required). Applicants shall not have any criminal charges before the courts;
- Meet the minimum vision requirements approved by the Alberta Justice & Solicitor General. Applicants must submit a vision report (see application form along with standards);
- Must pass a full Police Service security clearance as outlined in the Medicine Hat Service Policy and Procedures, including a polygraph examination.
This position has been identified as Safety Sensitive and requires the completion of a satisfactory pre-employment drug screen.
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a completed application to the Human Resources Department, City of Medicine Hat, Suite 101, 505 First Street SE, Medicine Hat T1A 0A9. ONLY COMPLETED HARD COPY APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED, emailed or faxed applications will not be accepted. For more information on Police Recruitment minimum requirements and frequently asked questions, visit MHPS .
This posting will remain open until Friday, January 31, 2020.
We thank all applicants; however only completed applications will be considered.
New: Applicant Tracking System Prevue Goes Live
As of January 2, 2020, all applications will be submitted electronically for career opportunities at the City of Medicine Hat.
To View Career Opportunities (Posted after January 2, 2020)
- Visit www.medicinehat.ca/jobs
- Human Resources Job Board (101 - 505 First St SE)
To Apply For a Position
- Visit www.medicinehat.ca/jobs
- Click on Apply for this Position
- Create a profile
- Upload your resume
Further Application Instructions
- Help Guide (PDF)
City of Medicine Hat employees have a passion for public service. They take pride in helping to make Medicine Hat a strong community, ‘a community of choice’ both now and in the future. Our employees build and maintain positive relationships based on trust, respect, honesty and integrity to ensure Medicine Hat residents have a safe and healthy community to live, work and play in.
Our City sets high standards for customer service and strives to continue to be a leader in municipal government. Whether it's delivering essential services, maintaining our infrastructure and facilities or running community programs, all work is valued.
The City of Medicine Hat offers many rewarding career opportunities in a number of different fields. Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a "Community of Choice;" a place where people choose to live, work and play. The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Low Utility Rates and Taxes
- Family Oriented Community
If you would like to be part of a team with years of proven success, please view our current employment opportunities below. Thank you for your interest in working with the City of Medicine Hat.
If an Employment Opportunity makes reference to a Collective Agreement, they can be viewed here:
For More Information
Contact Human Resources at HR_ATS@medicinehat.ca.