19226A - Investor Services Coordinator
- Type:Full Time
- Posted Date:12/18/2019 4:00 PM
Now Hiring | Permanent | Full-Time
INVESTOR SERVICES COORDINATOR
An exciting opportunity exists for a customer-service oriented individual with exceptional collaboration and issue management skills to join the Invest Medicine Hat (IMH) team as the Investor Services Coordinator. If you enjoy the prospects of working directly with entrepreneurs and business developers and guiding their investment opportunities through the City’s development investment readiness processes, this role could be for you.
The Investor Services Coordinator directly supports the IMH mandate by serving as a concierge to those looking to invest or do business with the City of Medicine Hat. Key functions include coordinating all aspects of the processes and resources established to ensure the City maintains development investment readiness and is able to efficiently and effectively execute on emerging development opportunities.
IMH serves as a uniquely branded, key component of the City’s strategy to facilitate economic vitality and community vibrancy. Through a comprehensive and multi-faceted approach to economic development, marketing, and communications, IMH serves to promote a well-governed community of choice and instil confidence in both residents and investors. By capitalizing on the City’s “open-for-business” reputation and leveraging considerable real estate holdings, IMH strives to contribute to a healthy economic environment and facilitate conversion of opportunities generated into actual investment in the community.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in commerce, economics, business administration or related field;
- Five (5) years of related experience in business administration, process improvement and/or customer service;
- Preferably, three (3) years in an a economic development role;
- Excellent organizational skills and a proven ability to follow through;
- Agility to adapt in a fast-paced changing environment with competing priorities and time-sensitive projects;
- Strong collaborator with demonstrated relationship building aptitude;
- A keen eye for process improvement opportunities;
- A strong communicator and handle confidential matters with discretion;
- An equivalent combination of management approved training and experience may be considered.
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition #19226A at www.medicinehat.ca/jobs
This posting will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
New: Applicant Tracking System Prevue Goes Live
As of January 2, 2020, all applications will be submitted electronically for career opportunities at the City of Medicine Hat.
To View Career Opportunities (Posted after January 2, 2020)
- Visit www.medicinehat.ca/jobs
- Human Resources Job Board (101 - 505 First St SE)
To Apply For a Position
- Visit www.medicinehat.ca/jobs
- Click on Apply for this Position
- Create a profile
- Upload your resume
Further Application Instructions
- Help Guide (PDF)
City of Medicine Hat employees have a passion for public service. They take pride in helping to make Medicine Hat a strong community, ‘a community of choice’ both now and in the future. Our employees build and maintain positive relationships based on trust, respect, honesty and integrity to ensure Medicine Hat residents have a safe and healthy community to live, work and play in.
Our City sets high standards for customer service and strives to continue to be a leader in municipal government. Whether it's delivering essential services, maintaining our infrastructure and facilities or running community programs, all work is valued.
The City of Medicine Hat offers many rewarding career opportunities in a number of different fields. Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a "Community of Choice;" a place where people choose to live, work and play. The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Low Utility Rates and Taxes
- Family Oriented Community
If you would like to be part of a team with years of proven success, please view our current employment opportunities below. Thank you for your interest in working with the City of Medicine Hat.
If an Employment Opportunity makes reference to a Collective Agreement, they can be viewed here:
For More Information
Contact Human Resources at HR_ATS@medicinehat.ca.