19246A - Managing Director (Invest Medicine Hat)
- Type:Full Time
- Posted Date:12/18/2019 4:00 PM
Now Hiring | Permanent | Full-Time
An exciting opportunity exists for an innovative, visionary, self-starter possessing a strong business and financial acumen to join a commercially focused organizational unit called Invest Medicine Hat (IMH) as the Managing Director. Reporting directly to the CAO and maintaining a high profile in the business community, you will engage and lead a team of professionals to build and execute business plans aligned with Council priorities, Senior Administration direction, and aimed at achieving medium and long term performance in economic development, real estate and marketing strategic results.
The Managing Director – IMH is a key strategic leader within the City, the local community and region. Working with the City’s Executive, the Advisory Group, the IMH Team and other key stakeholders, the Managing Director plans and executes strategy, drives performance and fosters trust within the business community toward the City’s economic development objectives. IMH serves as a uniquely branded, key component of the City’s strategy to promote, enable and facilitate economic vitality and community vibrancy. Through a comprehensive and multi-faceted approach to land development & sales, economic development, and marketing & communications, IMH lives the values of a well-governed community of choice and opportunity, instilling confidence in residents, businesses, senior levels of Government and investors. By demonstrating and capitalizing on the City’s “open-for-business” reputation and leveraging considerable real estate holdings, IMH leads in the efforts toward achieving a healthy economic environment and facilitating conversion of opportunities generated into actual investment in the community. The Managing Director is responsible for achieving measurable results within the overall strategic direction and for leadership of the IMH team in ensuring IMH is poised to capitalize on strengths and opportunities within this region while continually striving to address weaknesses and threats to the City’s economic vitality.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, commerce, economics, business, international relations or related field from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Ten (10) years of successful and progressive experience in business, contract development, investment, financial strategies, real estate, market and sales or similar in which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated;
- Successful completion of a Master’s degree in a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution would be considered an asset;
- Proven strategic approach and capability to systematically achieve objectives;
- Demonstrated business background where focus has been on performance relative to established metrics;
- Strong collaborator and consensus builder with excellent communication skills;
- Confident decision-maker with proven ability to work with various stakeholders to adapt approaches to fit unique circumstances;
- A management approved equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition #19246A Human Resources Department, City of Medicine Hat, Suite 101, 505 First Street SE, Medicine Hat T1A 0A9; fax (403) 525-8870; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
This posting will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
New: Applicant Tracking System Prevue Goes Live
As of January 2, 2020, all applications will be submitted electronically for career opportunities at the City of Medicine Hat.
To View Career Opportunities (Posted after January 2, 2020)
- Visit www.medicinehat.ca/jobs
- Human Resources Job Board (101 - 505 First St SE)
To Apply For a Position
- Visit www.medicinehat.ca/jobs
- Click on Apply for this Position
- Create a profile
- Upload your resume
Further Application Instructions
- Help Guide (PDF)
City of Medicine Hat employees have a passion for public service. They take pride in helping to make Medicine Hat a strong community, ‘a community of choice’ both now and in the future. Our employees build and maintain positive relationships based on trust, respect, honesty and integrity to ensure Medicine Hat residents have a safe and healthy community to live, work and play in.
Our City sets high standards for customer service and strives to continue to be a leader in municipal government. Whether it's delivering essential services, maintaining our infrastructure and facilities or running community programs, all work is valued.
The City of Medicine Hat offers many rewarding career opportunities in a number of different fields. Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a "Community of Choice;" a place where people choose to live, work and play. The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Low Utility Rates and Taxes
- Family Oriented Community
If you would like to be part of a team with years of proven success, please view our current employment opportunities below. Thank you for your interest in working with the City of Medicine Hat.
If an Employment Opportunity makes reference to a Collective Agreement, they can be viewed here:
For More Information
Contact Human Resources at HR_ATS@medicinehat.ca.