Kipling St SE Closed to Through Traffic Starting July 9
Installation of new water and sewer mains in the area
Medicine Hat – Construction begins on Tuesday, July 9, closing through traffic at Kipling Street SE at 5th Ave SE, directly in front of the Canada Post Building. This major infrastructure upgrade provides the installation of new water and sewer mains to residents and businesses in the Spencer Street SE area.
Motorists are advised to plan routes in advance and to follow detours directing them around the construction area. During construction all area residents and businesses will continue to have access to their properties. All residents and businesses east of the construction zone can be accessed from the Kingsway Avenue SE intersection.
This intersection will remain closed until construction is completed. Completion is expected in August 2019, as long as weather cooperates and there are no unforeseen delays.
View Map (PDF)
Resident and Business Access and Services
- Area residents and businesses will continue to have access to their properties.
- Area businesses will be maintaining regular business hours and will continue to be accessible during construction.
- Modified access will be provided into the Canada Post office to ensure there are no service interruptions and continued access for customers.
- Full water and sewer services will remain operational throughout this construction project, with the exception of emergency activities and scheduled short duration interruptions.
- Detours will be provided to direct traffic around the construction area.
- Motorists are advised to plan their routes ahead of time.
- Please follow all traffic signs and detours related to the ongoing construction.
Safety and Pedestrian Access
- The contractor will be placing a perimeter fence to ensure public safety and pedestrian access around the construction area.
- For your safety please respect signs and fencing.
The Environmental Utilities Department would like to thank residents for their continued patience and understanding as the necessary upgrades are completed to ensure safe and reliable infrastructure for years to come.
- 30 -
For more information, please contact:
Environmental Utilities Department
City of Medicine Hat