2019 Community Spirit Awards Recipients Selected
Awards to be presented October 3 at the Esplanade
Medicine Hat – 12 Medicine Hat residents are being recognized for their outstanding contributions to the community.
Community Spirit Awards are presented every two years to individuals whom the community believes enhance the quality of life in Medicine Hat through their dedication, activities, and accomplishments in the areas of arts/culture, sports/recreation, environment, volunteerism, community inclusion, community service and civic pride.
“The Community Spirit Awards are the City’s way of recognizing and saying thank you to volunteers which help weave the fabric of our community,” said Kris Samraj, Councillor for Civic Functions.
The 2019 Community Spirit Award recipients are:
- Evelyn Kleis – Arts/Culture Award
- Bill Wahl – Arts/Culture Award
- Medicine Hat Alberta Games Society – Sports/Recreation Award
- Allen Parker – Sports/Recreation Award
- SEAWA – Environment Award
- Uwe-Karsten Krickhahn – Environment Award
- MHC Rattlers Community Engagement Program – Volunteerism Award
- Gordon & Sherry Nott – Volunteerism Award
- Doug Heine – Volunteerism Award
- Malcolm Sissons – Civic Pride Award
- South County Co-op – Award of Excellence, Heart of Medicine Hat
An Awards Selection Committee, made up of representatives from City advisory boards and committees, recommends recipients to City Council from the nominations received.
The Community Spirit Awards will be presented Thursday, October 3, 2019 starting at 7 p.m. at the Esplanade Arts & Heritage Centre, Main Theatre. The public is welcome to attend.
- 30 -
For media inquiries, please contact:
Councillor Kris Samraj
City Councillor Responsible for Civic Functions
City of Medicine Hat