New Speed Zones Posted for Box Springs Rd NW and Broadway Ave NW
Medicine Hat – The City of Medicine Hat (City) has recently completed a speed review on some of the roads in the Box Springs Business Park area as part of a city-wide speed review program. Previously, as part of the review, other road corridors which have undergone changes to posted speed limits include Parkview Drive NE and South Boundary Road.
Some of the key considerations of the City’s posted speed review are:
- Maintaining public safety
- Road design and adjoining land use characteristics
- Heavy vehicle volume
- Number and location of accesses
- Number and type of intersections
- Consistent methodology for setting speed limits on similar types of roads while avoiding too frequent speed changes along a corridor.
Based on the review results, the following changes to posted speeds will be made:
- Box Springs Road NW corridor: New posted speed of 60 km/h - from the Trans Canada Highway ramps to just north of the Methanex Corporation north access.
- Broadway Avenue NW corridor: New posted speed of 70 km/h - from Box Springs Road NW to West Boundary Road NW.
VIEW THE MAP (PDF)
“Trucks Turning” and “No Passing” signs have also been posted near the Methanex complex to safely access/egress the site.
Motorists are advised to take note of the new speeds which take effect on July 31, 2019, and are also reminded to obey all traffic signs.
- 30 -
For more information: