6th Avenue SE Sanitary Sewer Repair Begins August 19
6th Ave SE closed between 3rd Street SE and 4th Street SE for 4-5 days
Medicine Hat – Starting Monday August 19, the City of Medicine Hat will be commencing with a sanitary sewer repair on 6th Avenue SE near the downtown Transit Parkade.
Beginning on August 19:
- Full road closure of 6th Avenue from 3rd Street SE to 4th Street SE will be required to compete the repair. Detours at 3rd Street SE and 4th Street SE intersections will be in effect.
- Area businesses will remain open and continue to have access to their properties.
- Sidewalks will remain open.
- Full water and sewer services will remain operational throughout the duration of construction.
Traffic and Pedestrian Safety
- The contractor will be strategically placing a perimeter fence to ensure public safety and pedestrian access around the construction area.
- Please follow all traffic signs and detours related to the ongoing construction.
The repair is expected to take approximately 4 or 5 days as long as weather cooperates and there are no unforeseen delays.
The Municipal Works Department would like to thank residents and businesses for their patience and understanding as this necessary repair is completed to ensure safe and reliable infrastructure for years to come.
- 30 -
For further information, please contact:
Municipal Works Department