Proclamations are ceremonial documents issued and signed by the Mayor to recognize the value and importance of an event, campaign or organization for a certain day, week or month. Requests must be submitted a minimum of three (3) weeks before the event.
- Proclamations may be issued for:
- Events or organizations with a direct relationship to the City of Medicine Hat
- Public awareness campaigns
- Charitable fundraising campaigns
- Arts and cultural celebrations
Proclamations will not be issued for:
- Matters of political controversy, ideological or religious beliefs or individual conviction
- Campaigns or events contrary to City policies or bylaws
- Campaigns intended for profit-making purposes
- As per protocol it must be created by the organization on the organizations letterhead in completed form. Proclamations will not be provided on the City of Medicine Hat letterhead/stationery.
- Proclamations will not be read at Open Council Meetings or posted on the City of Medicine Hat website.
- Proclamations are issued at the discretion of the City of Medicine Hat.
- Proclamations are only issued to organizations located within Medicine Hat.
- An organization does not have exclusive rights to the day, week or month of their Proclamation.
- Proclamations are issued on a first come, first served basis.
If you wish the Mayor to attend a proclamation signing other than the Mayor’s Office, please complete the Request a Meeting form.
(* indicates a mandatory field)