Meetings are held monthly on the last Monday (except December). Please refer to the calendar for meeting dates.
The Arts and Heritage Advisory Board's mandate is to act in an advisory capacity to the Committee and Council with respect to the Esplanade and other matters relating to arts and heritage.
The Board performs the following functions and duties:
- to identify issues pertaining to its mandate and to solicit input from the community at large, and develop recommendations;
- to evaluate existing policies and programs on issues pertaining to its mandate;
- to act as a liaison between individuals and community groups and organizations in the development of policies, programs, facilities and long range planning; and
- to solicit input, and develop recommendations on relevant policy matters when requested by the Committee, Council, or other standing committees of Council.
- to recommend to council the award of Cultural Grants
Board members serve a term of three years and no advisory board member may be appointed for more than three consecutive terms.
Historical Society Representative
For more information, contact Carrie Wall, Acting Manager – Community Connections and Support, Community Development at 403.502.8798.