In 2012, the Heritage Resources Committee began the Centennial Certificate program. The current owner of an existing building 100 years old, initially constructed for commercial/public use, received a certificate signed by the Mayor and the Chair of the Heritage Resources Committee (HRC).
In 2015, it was decided that in addition to the certificate, a handout including the history of the recipient’s building and any historic photos or mementos would also be included. It was also decided to include certificates and research for buildings 100 years or older that had been missed.
In 2016, it was decided that in order to keep the same format adopted for 2015, the 2012, 2013 and 2014 Centennial Certificates would be reviewed and the buildings’ histories, and applicable historic photos, etc. would be added.
Following, in alphabetical order, is the listing of resources that have received Centennial Certificates with links to the associated research if available.
Please Note: This page is currently under construction; additional information will be added in the coming weeks.
- Alex McCarter, Contractor, office/residence, 120 9 St NE, 1913
- Alex McCarter, Contractor, office/residence, 25 2 St SE, 1912
- Anderson Plumbing/Hardware Co., 525A N Railway St SE, 1912
- Bell Block, 628 2 St SE, 1908
- Bridgman Building, 621 2 St SE, 1903
- City of Medicine Hat Transformer Station, 947 Smelter Ave SE, 1913
- Cousins Block (City Bakery), 311 - 315 6 Ave SE, 1912
- Crystal Dairy Ltd., 233 5 St SE, 1918
- Dr. Allison Smith dental office/residence, 284 6 St SE, 1911
- Dr. Charles W. Cook, Dentist, 364 11 St SE, 1913
- Dreamland Theatre, 319 - 321 6 Ave SE, 1910
- F.F. Fatt Block, 656 3 St SE, 1909
- Grant Bros Ltd. Plumbing, Steam & Gas Fitting, 61 8 St SE, 1913
- Hewitt & Black Warehouse, 522D Maple Ave SE, 1910
- Hughes Block, 647 2 St SE, 1903
- Jim's Cafe, 634 2 St SE, 1912
- King Edward Building, 617 2 St SE, 1907
- Medicine Hat Garage, 518 - 524 2 St SE, 1917
- Montana Block/Royal Bowling Alleys, 222 S Railway St SE, 1908
- New Club Cafe, 638 2 St SE, 1917