MHTnow is Medicine Hat Transit's On-Demand bus service, a pilot project serving the City's northeast and northwest neighbourhoods.
MHTnow begins operating on Monday, September 28, 2020.
What is MHTnow and how does it work?
MHTnow is a Medicine Hat Transit service without a fixed schedule or route. MHTnow operates within a specific zone, allowing riders to travel from stop to stop within the zone, on demand.
The shared ride service can be booked through the MHTnow app or over the phone and offers stop-to-stop service.
- How to Ride (YouTube)
Upcoming Public Information Sessions
|Monday, September 21||Medicine Hat Co-op, 20 Northlands Way NE||3:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday, September 22||Medicine Hat Co-op, 20 Northlands Way NE||3:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
|Thursday, September 24||Medicine Hat Co-op, 20 Northlands Way NE||3:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
|Friday, September 25||Family Leisure Centre, 2000 Division Avenue N||3:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
Schedule a Trip
- Download the free MHTnow app from the Apple or Google Play store.
- Enter your starting point and destination within the zone.
- Request a bus now.
- Provide your rider information.
- Get a notification so you know when to expect your ride and where to wait.
- Use your app to watch your bus arrive in real time.
- Less wait time.
- More convenient pick-up and drop-off locations.
- Faster, more direct trips.
- More efficient.
Hours of Service
- The MHTnow pilot project will run from September 2020 to December 2020 in the NE/NW areas of the city.
- MHTnow will be available from 6:45 pm to 10:45 pm, Monday to Friday.
- MHTnow will not be available on holidays, including Christmas Day.
Fares & Payment Options
- Riders must pay per MHTnow trip.
- Payment options include:
- Regular Transit cash fare
- Monthly pass
MHTnow will operate in the NE and NW areas of the city.
The service will be available weekday evenings, between 6:45 pm and 10:45 pm.
This zone offers locations that work well for direct trips, such as the FLC, and various commercial zones.
If you are riding our fixed-route service, use the app to book a pick up at the terminal for your arrival time, to ensure a smooth transfer.
If we meet our goals, we will look for other areas to expand MHTnow, and further improve transit service. In areas where ridership is significant, fixed-route service will remain the most efficient way to deliver transit service.
Yes, MHTnow utilizes regular Medicine Hat Transit buses. MHT buses are fully accessible with 2-3 wheelchair spots on each bus.
Riders can indicate their need for wheelchair access when booking a trip, and we will ensure space is available on the bus sent to pick you up.
The agent will need a phone number so they can reach you to provide alerts on the arrival time of your bus.
Our Frequently Asked Questions are also available for download.
- FAQs (PDF)
For more information:
Medicine Hat Transit
City of Medicine Hat