Construction begins Tuesday, July 2, 2019 on the next phase of the 5 Avenue SE infrastructure project.
The remaining water and sewer replacement work will be completed in stages as shown on the map below. Construction is expected to be completed by the end of August 2019 as long as weather cooperates and there are no unforeseen delays.
View Map (PDF)
Beginning on July 2
- Work begins on 6 Street SE between 4 Avenue SE and 5 Avenue SE
- Construction will then move to the intersection of 7 Street SE and 5 Avenue SE.
- Area residents and businesses will continue to have access to their properties.
- Temporary above-ground water connections will be provided to supply water to the affected area residents.
- Full water and sewer services will remain operational throughout the duration of construction with the exception of emergency activities and scheduled short duration interruptions.
Traffic and Pedestrian Safety
- The contractor will be strategically placing a perimeter fence to ensure public safety and pedestrian access around the construction area.
- Please follow all traffic signs and detours related to the ongoing construction.
The Environmental Utilities Department would like to thank residents for their continued patience and understanding as the necessary upgrades are completed to ensure safe and reliable infrastructure for years to come.
For further information, please contact:
Environmental Utilities Department
City of Medicine Hat