The City of Medicine Hat offers both residential and commercial collection services to customers within Medicine Hat and the hamlet of Veinerville.
Automated cart collection was fully introduced to Medicine Hat residential waste customers in 2009. Household garbage and yard waste materials are collected by Solid Waste Utility collections staff and deposited at the Waste Management Facility by way of automated cart collection. Learn more about cart set out guidelines and set up collection reminders by downloading the Recycle Coach App or viewing the Residential Collection section of this website.
Commercial waste and cardboard collection is offered as optional programs to the commercial and industrial sectors of Medicine Hat.
The Residential Recycling program was implemented in the Spring of 2018 to residential customers who currently have a grey household waste cart. Blue carts and the recycling bins at the bulk recycling depots are collected by GFL.
- Solid Waste Utility FAQs (PDF)
- Returning Carts to Property (YouTube)
- Overhanging Trees in Lane (YouTube)
- Lost Waste Carts (YouTube)
- Winter Waste Collection (YouTube)
- Residential Recycling, Yard Waste & Household Waste Collection Guide (PDF)