The Cashier desk at City Hall is currently closed to public due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We continue to accept cheque and exact cash transactions by mail or by our Night Depository Box located at the west entrance of City Hall. We cannot issue change at this time. If you need to make a payment, please use one of the payment methods below.
The following methods are available to make a payment:
- Automatic Bank Withdrawal on actual balance
- Telebanking Internet
- At Charted Banks, Trust Companies, Treasury Branches, Credit Union Offices
- At Night Depository Box located at the west entrance City Hall, 580 First Street SE
- By mail to the City of Medicine Hat, 580 First Street SE, Medicine Hat, AB T1A 8E6
* all cheques are to be made payable to City of Medicine Hat
New applications can be sent by mail or by dropping off in the Night Depository Box located at the west entrance of City Hall. If you drop off your application, please enclose and properly seal all required documents along with payment. A pet tag and receipt will be mailed to you.
- Completed application form:
- Copy of Spay/Neuter Certificate (and if microchipped). If your pet will be Spayed/Neutered before next year, pay $15 and bring the Spay/Neuter Certificate (and if microchipped) information when renewing your application next year.
- Payment (see fees below or on application form). A Cheque is preferred, but we will accept exact cash as we cannot issue change at this time.
Pet License Renewal
Renewing your pet license can be sent by mail or by dropping off Renewal Form and payment in the Night Depository Box located at the west entrance City Hall. Pet tags are not replaced when renewing a license. Keep the original tag.
- Copy of your pet renewal notice
- Payment (preferably by cheque, exact cash)
- If your pet has recently been spayed or neutered, we require a copy of the Spay/Neuter Certificate and notification if microchipped in order to qualify for the reduced fee (see fees below).
Renewals will not receive new tags. If your tag is lost or destroyed, it may be replaced at no cost, by mail. Please contact us if you require a new tag.
|3-6 months||$15 per year|
|Spayed or Neutered||$15 per year|
|Not Spayed or Neutered||$50 per year|
|Spayed or Neutered - Lifetime||$150 per lifetime|
|Spayed or Neutered with Microchip - Lifetime||$80 per lifetime|
If you require a parking pass, you can obtain one at City Hall within business hours. Payments are accepted by cheque or exact cash as we will not be able to issue change at this time.
At this time, transit fares are waived due to COVID-19.
Parking Ticket payments can be sent by mail or dropped off in the Night Depository Box located at the west entrance of City Hall. Be sure to enclose your parking ticket, cheque, or exact cash (as we will not be able to issue change at this time) and properly seal in an envelope. If your ticket was appealed, we require a copy of that letter.
Payment received within 7 days
|8-21 days from issue date||$50|
|22 days or more from issue date||We can no longer accept your payment at City Hall. You will receive a Summons in the mail with a Court Date to appeal the ticket. Payment can be made without appearing to Court, but must be paid at the Provincial Courthouse prior to the court date. The Summons will have payment options.|
Appeal or Dispute your Parking Ticket
- Appeals must be made within 14 days of the date the ticket was issued.
- If an Appeal is made within 7 days of issue date, the cost will stay at $25.00 whether the ticket is cancelled or denied.
- Complete an appeal form:
- For questions regarding your appeal, call Bylaw at 403.529.8436 or 403.529.8476.
580 First Street SE
Medicine Hat , AB T1A 8E6
Business Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Fax Line: 403.525.8696