Frequently Asked Questions
What services are billed through general accounts receivable?
General accounts include all invoices issued by the City except those related to utility accounts, business and property taxes.
When is payment due?
Accounts Receivable payments are due upon receipt of the invoice.
What is the penalty rate?
In addition to invoices, statements are issued once per month for all accounts with an outstanding balance. Amounts that remain unpaid 30 days after the statement date are subject to a penalty of 18 per cent (1.5 per cent/month).
How can I pay my bill?
Payments can be:
- Mailed to the City of Medicine Hat, 580 First Street SE, Medicine Hat, Alberta, T1A 8E6
- Made at City Hall (cash, cheque, Interac)
- Deposited into the drop-box at City Hall, west entrance (please do not deposit cash)
- Made at Chartered Banks, Trust Companies, Treasury Branches and Credit Union offices
- Made via telephone / internet banking. Please ensure your account number is registered with "City of Medicine Hat General Accounts Receivable"