Help Us Celebrate Earth Day for a Chance to Win *
Help us celebrate Earth Day by going paperless for your utility bill! Sign up for eBilling before April 22, 2019 for a chance to win a $500 City of Medicine Hat Gift Card!
* Draw open to new eBilling customers only.
Paperless Billing Available Now
eUtility is a secure internet site in which City of Medicine Hat utility customers can:
- Request and set up eBilling (go to Preferences>eBilling after you are logged in)
- View your consumption history (usage details from your automated meters)
- View current & past utility statements
New Utility Statement Design Launched on October 1, 2016
The City of Medicine Hat, along with all of Alberta's electric and gas retailers, participated in the Utilities Consumer Advocate (UCS) Plain Language Billing Project.
The UCS provided guidelines for creating a "plain language" statement. We took those guidelines, added feedback and requests from our customers and designed a statement that is more customer friendly.
- important information is easier to find
- consumption graphs are larger
- more information on the first page provides a one-page option
- organization of information makes it easier to follow
- a 12-month history of your billing charges
- expanded definitions and explanations of charges
So, what do you think? Let us Know!
Send us your feedback by email.
Want to reduce paper? Why not go paperless! Use either the email link or website below to register.
Utility Bill Access Codes Now Available
Updates to the utility billing system have introduced a customer-specific access code that will be shown on utility statements. This code will replace the previous identification number once needed to sign up for eUtility. Customers will see their access codes on all statements published after June 24, 2016.