Fire Station #2 Grand Opening was held Feb. 27, 2017
The public was invited to attend the grand opening of Fire Station #2, with an opportunity to see the apparatus bays, three-storey training tower and a modern firefighter’s pole.
The event began with a short program at 3 p.m., including short speeches from dignitaries and a Fire Services-style ribbon cutting. Following the program, the public toured the station until 6:30 p.m.
Formerly located on Dunmore Road SE, the move allows Fire Services to:
- maximize response coverage for a greater percentage of Medicine Hat residents.
- delay the need for construction and operation of a fourth fire station through more effective and efficient use of existing resources
Construction of the $9.5 million fire station began in September 2015. Operations moved to the new location on Trans-Canada Way in February 2017. The station houses suppression, prevention, training, and administration branches.
As part of the plan to maximize coverage in our community, Fire Station #1 will be relocated north of the river. Further details will be shared about location and construction of Fire Station #1 as decisions are made.
Information Boards (Sept. 1, 2015)
- Delivering Quality Fire Services
- Fiscal Management
- Coverage for our Community
- Improving Response Times
- Fire Station #2 - What's Inside