Applications for the 2019 Downtown Development Incentive Program will be accepted starting Monday March 25 at 9am. Applications submitted prior to this time will not be processed.
Applications are to be submitted by email/electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by delivery to the Land & Business Support Office, third floor, City Hall 580 First Street SE. All applications will be date and time stamped as they come in.
Grant funds are on a first come, first served basis. Applications for the 2019 Downtown Development Incentive Program will be accepted until Tuesday, December 31, 2019 depending on funding availability.
Total amount of the 2019 program fund is $200,000. Once the applications are received and reviewed, they will be applied to the grant in order of the time stamp.
Any applications that do not fit the criteria or are not completed correctly will be sent back to the applicant and the next one reviewed until all funds in the Program ($200,000) are allocated.
Acceptance of applications does not confirm grant funding. Funding is predicated on completing the proposed work and submitting copies of paid invoices with cashier’s receipts or processed cheque showing payment (dated between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2020) for review.
2019 FORMS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE PRIOR TO THE PROGRAM GOING LIVE.
- 2018 Application Form (PDF)
- Overview (PDF)
- News Release - February 26, 2018
- City of Medicine Hat Vendor Direct Deposit Form (PDF)
- Architectural/Visual Enhancements (PDF)
- Commercial Development Grant (PDF)
- Environmental Site Assessment & Remedial/Risk Management (PDF)
- Live-Work Residential Development Grant (PDF)
- Multi-Family Development Grant (PDF)
- Boundary Map (PDF)
- Downtown Area Redevelopment Plan
- River Flats Area Redevelopment Plan
Contact & More Information
Business Support Office