New Routes, New Hours, New Stops
The City’s new Transit system will launch Sept. 5, 2017. The new system includes changes to bus routes, hours of operation, transfer points, stops and schedules. All Transit users should familiarize themselves with the routes and schedules they will need to use to reach their destination.
The new system features two core routes for primary service and three feeder routes during peak use times. All routes are bi-directional with multiple connection options, helping riders to reach major destinations more easily and quickly.
- New Transit System Design Improves Services - News release, Aug. 9, 2017 (PDF)
- Transit System Design Highlights - Backgrounder (PDF)
- Fair Entry Weekend Shuttle Service - News Release, Aug. 28, 2017 (PDF)
- New Routes - effective as of September 5, 2017 (PDF)
- Information session display boards (PDF)
- New Ride Guide - effective as of September 5, 2017 (PDF)
Note: The Ride Guide is being updated as changes to the new Transit system are being implemented, including stops and transfer points.
A weekend transit shuttle service will be made available to low-income residents as a new service offering under the Fair Entry Program.
- To qualify, clients must be Fair Entry eligible and their place of residence and/or place of work /medical appointment / education class must be beyond 800 meters of the core transit routes.
- Interested residents must self-identify through the existing Fair Entry application process. The City will work collaboratively with various community agencies to help facilitate Fair Entry access for low-income residents.
- Service provided will be the same curb-to-curb, shared ride approach of Special Transit.
- Process and access for booking Fair Entry weekend transit shuttle service will be the same as Special Transit (contact dispatch at 403-529-8214: press #2 to book your trip).
- Qualified clients must book their transportation plans (to and from their destination) between 9 a.m. Monday and 4 p.m. Thursday prior to their desired weekend trip.
- Fair Entry weekend transit shuttle hours of operation will align with current Special Transit operating hours. Special Transit operates Saturday from 6:45 a.m. to 10:45 p.m. and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Specific buses/staff will be utilized – the Fair Entry weekend transit shuttle will not detract from existing Special Transit service resources.
- Existing transit fares will apply to the Fair Entry weekend transit shuttle service.
|September 5||Esplanade||8:30 am to 4:30 pm
|A temporary helpline, 403.525.8900, will be available until September 15, 2017 to provide information and answer questions.|
Special Transit services are not impacted by route and schedule changes.
To advertise on Medicine Hat Transit buses or shelters, please contact Pattison Outdoor Advertising at 1.877.399.1999.
Medicine Hat Transit is able to provide a charter service within the province of Alberta. If you are requiring personalized service, consider hiring Transit. For more information please read our charter booking policy or to reserve a charter bus please complete the charter booking form.
- Airport transfers
- Hospital transfers within Alberta (clients have to be able to sit up)
- Family reunions
Medicine Hat Transit, Administration Office
460 Spencer Street SE
Medicine Hat, AB T1A 1Y7
Open Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm
General Inquiries: 403.529.8214
Fax Line: 403.525.8894