Track Your Ride
Riders of Medicine Hat Transit can now see the location of their bus in real time and when it’s expected to arrive, thanks to our partnership with DoubleMap. While the system provides the public with the estimated arrival time of our bus at a stop, riders are advised to be at their stop 5 minutes before a departure.
From Your Computer
DoubleMap uses GPS locator to track buses en route. Plan your trip live and catch the right bus at the right time.
From Your Phone
Download the mobile app: The first time you download the app, you may be asked to configure it by selecting MHT from the list of transits.
After downloading the App from the iTunes store for Apple devices or the Google Play store for Android.
- Open the App and select "MHT" from the Select System menu
- You can now select the route or stop you wish to track
Navigate by Map
- You can watch the buses for your selected routes move and see where each is headed along any given route. Zoom by pinching in and out.
- Click on your stop to look up the name of the stop and the estimated time of arrival of the next bus serving that stop.
- Click the heart icon on the right to make it a Favorite Stop for quick access in the future.
- If you click on a bus, the app brings up a Bus Detail pane which shows the heading/direction (i.e. N for North, S for South, etc.), vehicle number, and route name.
- On the iPhone app, click on the route name to navigate to the Stop Selection screen.
Navigate by Menus
- By default, all routes are shown on the map. To hide routes, click on the menu in the upper-left corner and under Controls, click "Select Route" (on iPhone) or "Routes" (on Android) to navigate to the Route Selection screen (see images below). Click on a toggle switch on the right side of the screen to hide an individual route from the map.
- Alternatively, click on “Show None” to hide all routes and use the toggle switch to turn on only those routes you want displayed. Once you have the routes turned on that you want to track, click "Save" in the upper right corner to save these preferences. (If that option is not shown on your phone, the app should remember your selections.) A link to the route's current schedule is not currently available in the mobile app.
- From the Route Selection screen, click on a route to switch to the Stop Selection screen, which shows the scheduled stops for a route. Click on a stop to switch to the Stop Detail screen, which shows the bus/ferry routes that serve the stop and how many minutes until the next bus is expected to arrive. Click the heart icon on the right to make it a Favorite Stop for quick access in the future from Controls.
- At some locations, there is a stop on both sides of the street; click "Show opposite Bus Stop" if necessary.
Using DoubleMap in a Web Browser
- In the left navigation panel under "Routes," click "Show All" to see all routes on the map, or use the toggle switch on the right side of the screen to show an individual route. Alternatively, click on “Show None” to hide all routes and use the toggle switch to turn on only those routes you want displayed. Next to the toggle switch is a link to the route’s current schedule.
- The left navigation panel also has a section called "Announcements." These will detail route changes or service reductions.
- To zoom in or out on the map, click the "+" or "-" buttons in the lower right-hand corner. From there, you can watch a bus move and see where it's headed along a given route.
- With the map zoomed in, bus stops appear as black dots. Click on a dot to bring up the Stop Detail and see how many minutes until the next bus is expected to arrive.