- How early do I have to be at the airport before my flight?
- Do I need a passport to travel within Canada?
- I lost an item at the Airport. Is there a lost and found?
- How many bags can I check-in or carry onboard?
- How can I check-in?
- Can I park my vehicle at the airport for more than a day?
- Are there car rental companies located at the Airport?
- Where can I find parking accessible parking?
- Is there a place to eat at the Airport?
- What hotels are near the airport?
- What is the correct name of the Airport?
Air Canada and WestJet Airlines recommends that passengers check-in one (1) hour before scheduled departure time. The Air Terminal Building is open 90 minutes prior to first departure. For more up to date information, please contact the airline directly.
Do I need a passport to travel within Canada?
No. However, passengers travelling within Canada aged 18 and over are required to provide:
- One piece of valid government-issued photo ID showing your name, date of birth and gender; or
- Two pieces of valid government-issued non-photo ID are required, and one of them must show your name, date of birth and gender. The name on the ID must match the name on the boarding pass.
I lost an item at the Airport. Is there a lost and found?
If you have lost an item at the Airport please contact the Airport Security by phone at 403.525.8689 or visit the Information Desk located in the main lobby. The staff will make every attempt to locate your lost item. Please note items unclaimed after three (3) months will be donated to a local charity. For items left on board aircraft and lost luggage, please contact the airline directly.
How many bags can I check-in or carry on-board?
For more information regarding checked or carry-on baggage allowance please contact the airline directly.
There are a few ways to check-in with the airline at the Medicine Hat Regional Airport;
- At the airline check-in counters in the terminal
- Using Airline web-based online services
- Mobile check-in services by using your mobile device ( iPhone, Android, Tablet etc.)
Yes. There are over 90 long term parking stalls located in a well-lit area. Parking tickets can be purchased at the Pay and Display machine located in the long term parking lot using credit card. Cash payments can be made inside the Air Terminal Building at the Information Desk. For parking rates, please click the below link:
Are there car rental companies located at the airport?
Yes. For further information, or to make a reservation, please click the below link:
Where can I find parking accessible parking?
Accessible parking is available in designated stalls in both short and long term parking areas. Regular parking rates do apply and Permits should be visibility displayed.
What hotels are near the airport?
There are many hotels conveniently located near the Airport;
What is the correct name of the airport?
The official name of the airport Medicine Hat Municipal Airport, but it’s often referred to as Medicine Hat Regional Airport, City of Medicine Hat Airport. CYXH is the Aerodrome identifier for the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).