The City of Medicine Hat Parks and Recreation Department offers a wide variety of facilities for community use and enjoyment. From kitchens, meeting rooms, to outdoor shelters and green spaces, to fields of every sport, we strive to provide spaces that will suit any function you wish to host.
We even have ice rinks, pools, field houses, gymnasiums, and fitness areas to ensure your parties are like no other! Did we mention that you can even host nerf war birthday parties, complete with obstacles, fieldhouse rental, and nerf blasters and ammo?!
Interested and want to learn more?
Please contact our Recreation Facility Coordinator:
Birthday parties can be hosted at many of our facilities - from the Family Leisure Centre to shelters and parks.
Family Leisure Centre BIrthday Parties
Want to host a birthday at the Family Leisure Centre? The Family Leisure Centre is the perfect place to celebrate a birthday or special occasion in a fun, active environment. Choose from one of our tailored options and add a party room for a more personal experience.
- Birthday Party Bookings (internal link)
Indoor Facility Bookings
Parks & Outdoor Facility BookingsParks and Recreation offers many bookable spaces that can be used for weddings to concerts to sports.
Parks and Recreation has meeting rooms in many of our facilities for community use. To learn more, please take a look:
- Meeting Rooms available through Parks and Recreation (internal link)
Sports Fields, Facilities & Courts
Want to host a tournament or a friendly competitive game of baseball at your next family reunion? The please take a look at all the fields and facilities we have to offer.
- Fields, Facilities and Courts (internal link)
Payment for Bookings
1. SINGLE OR SHORT-TERM BOOKINGS; Payment of the amount on the confirmation permit is due immediately upon booking.
2. PAYMENT OPTIONS:
a. By Phone: the Recreation Facility Coordinator may accept Visa or MasterCard payments by phone at 403.502.8745.
b. In Person:
i. Pre-payment may be made in person at the Family Leisure Centre - 2000 Division Ave. N.
ii. Monthly invoices can be paid at the City Hall Cashier Desk at 580 First Street SE. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30-4:30 pm with cash, cheque, debit, or credit card are accepted.
c. By Mail: Check payments for monthly invoices are payable to the City of Medicine Hat, 580 First Street SE, Medicine Hat, AB T1A 8E6
3. Cancellations or Amendments: Cancellations or amendments must be received by the Recreation Facility Coordinator a minimum of 5 WORKING DAYS (MON - FRI) in advance of the rental date. Please call 403.502.8745 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Failure to observe these deadlines will result in the renter being assessed the full cost of the rental.