- How do you get to the Campground?
- What is the Campground address?
- Is there a reservation fee?
- Are tents allowed in the Campground?
- How many campers/units are allowed per site?
- Do you have monthly rates?
- How long does your typical camping season run?
- How much power is available at sites?
- Do you have group camping areas?
- Do you allow an early check-in/ late check-out?
- Are pets allowed?
- Do you have fire pits and/or sell firewood?
- Do you have pull thru sites?
- Do you have trees/shady spots?
- What amenities do you offer?
- Do you have internet?
- Do you have showers and what is the cost?
- Do you have a dumping station and what is the cost?
- What is the quiet time?
- Do you have a laundromat?
- What type of sites (services) do you have?
How do you get to the Campground?
From Highway 1 eastbound at the first set of traffic lights after crossing the South Saskatchewan River bridge turn right onto 7th Street SW, proceed west for 0.3 km, turn right onto 11th Avenue SW and continue for 1.1 km to the Campground gate. The route is signed.
From Highway 1 westbound at the third set of traffic lights in Medicine Hat turn left onto 7th Street SW, proceed west for 0.3 km, turn right onto 11th Avenue SW and continue for 1.1 km to the Campground gate. The route is signed.
From Highway 3 eastbound at the first set of traffic lights at the intersection of Highway 3 and 10th Avenue SW turn left onto 10th Avenue SW and proceed north for 0.76 km to a T intersection; turn left onto 7th Street SW, proceed west for 0.15 km and turn right onto 11th Avenue SW to the Campground gate. The route is signed.
Are tents allowed in the Campground?
Tents are allowed in serviced sites but must be on the parking pad. Tents are permitted on the grass in unserviced sites but must be moved every 3 days for irrigation purposes.
Do you have group camping areas?
There is no group camping area at Gas City Campground. Echo Dale Regional Park offers group camping at the far east end shelter area. The facility can accommodate up to five self-contained recreational vehicles. This location is available on a reservation basis only. For further information and reservations, please contact Susan McDonald at 403.502.8745.
Do you allow an early check-in/ late check-out?
Check-in time is 2:00 PM; check out time is 11:00 AM. These times provide an opportunity for campers to conclude their previous night’s stay and allows those arriving early afternoon to set up and enjoy a relaxed afternoon.
Are pets allowed?
Yes, pets are allowed. They must be kept on a leash at all times and owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets. There is no additional charge for pets. There is a dog run on the west side of the campground area.
What amenities do you offer?
Gas City Campground offers fire pits, firewood for sale, an on-site convenience store, playground, horseshoe pits, laundromat, free showers, WiFi access and a business centre within the campground office. The Campground is also adjacent to the City of Medicine Hat Trail System
What type of sites (services) do you have?
The options include unserviced sites; Power; Power and Water; Full Service 30 and 50 amp (Power, Water and Sewer). In addition, there is an overflow area to accommodate additional units during peak periods.