|Updates: COVID-19 Response|
MARCH 22, 2020 13:00 hrs: Registration Day Postponed
The March 24 registration day for summer programs at the Family Leisure Centre, Crestwood Rec Centre and outdoor pools is postponed until further notice due to COVID-19. This decision was made to allow time for more clear instruction to emerge from Alberta Health Services during this challenging event.
MARCH 18, 2020 13:00 hrs: Passholder Information
We appreciate your patience as we worked through the details in order to appropriately credit pass holders at the Family Leisure Centre and Crestwood Recreation Centre while the facilities are closed from the current pandemic situation. The following plan has been put in place, and processing has already begun:
MARCH 16, 2020 1500 hrs: Passholder and Program Information
We are making arrangements to appropriately credit pass holders at both the Family Leisure Centre and Crestwood Recreation Centre during this closure. Please be patient as we work through these details which we will share by Friday, March 20 at the latest. Provisions are being considered for:
Paid programs with registered participants (like swimming lessons or recreation programs) will be treated as follows:
MARCH 15, 2020 1800 hrs: Recreation Facilities Closed
In light of the Alberta Government’s announcement on March 15, 2020 regarding the cancellation of school classes across the Province of Alberta, the City of Medicine Hat will be closing all recreation facilities and the Esplanade Arts & Heritage to the public effective at closing March 15.
As always, the safety of our patrons, our community and our staff remains our top priority in initiating this precautionary measure. We thank you for your understanding.
The Family Leisure Center is a place to feel empowered, where one’s social, emotional, mental and physical needs can be met under one roof.
We offer a wide variety of structured and unstructured health and lifestyle opportunities for individuals, families and entire communities to meet, grow, laugh, explore and more. Learn a new skill, make new friends, spend time with the family or find a ‘whole’ new you – the opportunities to play are endless.
Whether you join us for a day, or become a passholder, we look forward to helping you meet your fitness and goals.
Completely accessible, the facility sit on 57 acres and boasts the following amenities:
- Kinsmen Aquatic Park, complete with:
- 50 meter multi-purpose wave pool, lazy river, tot pool, hot tub, variable depth pool
- Two spring boards and high dive platform
- Steam room; and
- "Rip-n-Rattler" water slide
- Cenovus Arena - 100' x 200' Olympic size ice rink
- 17,000 square foot Fitness Center, complete with 200 meter indoor running/walking track
- Indoor Fieldhouse containing twin multi-sport indoor boarded fields
- Multi-purpose/dividable gymnasium capable of accommodating 2 basketball, 4 volleyball or 10 badminton/pickleball courts
- Flexible program rooms, team change rooms, meeting rooms, offices, customer service areas, and administration space
- Amenities to the serve the Methanex Bowl Sportsfield including spectator washrooms, food services, team change rooms, and storage
- A central food services space which is currently licensed to Booster Juice
Outside, you will find:
- The Methanex Bowl, a premier (lighted) synthetic turf field for football/soccer/rugby
- Three regulation size soccer pitches
- Four high quality ball diamonds
- A BMX Track
- A rubber floor accessible 'Viking' playground
- Accessible outdoor fitness equipment
To enjoy your stay, please take a look at our Rules and Guidelines. For example, a swimmer under 8 years of age must be under the direct supervision of a responsible person 16 years or older, within arm’s reach, in all areas of the Aquatic facility.
The Familiy Leisure Centre is home to the following clubs. Please click on the sites below for more information:
- Alberta Marlin Aquatic Club (AMAC & Master's Swim Club) Masters
- Medicine Hat Manta Rays Summer Swim Club Website Email
- Water Polo Information: firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail)
- Medicine Hat Skating Club email@example.com
- Medicine Hat Speed Skating Club www.mhssc.ca
- Panthers Track Club www.medhatpantherstrackclub.ca
- Sledge Hockey and Wheelchair Basketball.
Commitment to Inclusion
The Family Leisure Centre is accessible to all members of our community, including those with disabilities.
- The Lobby, Arena, Gymnasium, Change Rooms, Steam Room and Pool Viewing Area all have level entries.
- The Wave Pool and Lazy River can be accessed from a ramped entrance off the pool deck while a portable seated lift provides access to the 50m Pool and Hot Tub.
- The Fieldhouse change rooms have level entry while a decline ramp takes you down to field level.
- The Fitness Area and Track are just a short elevator ride up to the second level, where you will find specialized equipment that can be adapted to varying levels of ability.
2000 Division Ave N
Medicine Hat, AB T1C 1X9
|Birthday Party Bookings||403502.8566|
|Program Info & Pool Bookings, Private Pool Lessons||403.525.8926||Danielle Ellermanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pool School Bookings||403.529.8366||Michelle Knodelemail@example.com|
|Facility Bookings (Ice, Gymnasium, Indoor Boarded Fields, Outdoor Fields, etc.)||403.502.8745||Susan McDonaldfirstname.lastname@example.org|