Demo Daze is a trade show-like event for sports or recreation organizations and businesses to:
- build awareness and interest in their activity
- promote registration and participation
- connect with potential sponsors
- sell products/services
The Spring 2020 event takes place Saturday, March 28, 2020 from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM at the Family Leisure Centre indoor Fieldhouse, 2000 Division Avenue N, Medicine Hat.
Along with exhibitor booths, Demo Daze offers an opportunity to host a demonstration or “come try it” event to highlight your activity. This is included in your exhibitor fee and is scheduled based on availability of space and equipment.
Eligibility & Pricing
- The following organizations are eligible to participate in Demo Daze:
- Non-Profit Organization: $25 + GST
- Sport Organizations – sport clubs, teams, sport associations, etc.
- Recreation Organizations – dance studios, acting, youth groups, etc.
- For-Profit Business: $40 + GST
- Businesses in sports, recreation, fitness, health and wellness fields
- Non-Profit Organization: $25 + GST
- Exhibitors may not be in direct competition with the services offered by the City of Medicine Hat.
- Exhibitor rates include an 8’ x 10’ booth, one table and 2 chairs, and demonstration space based on availability. Set-up and take-down must occur on the day of the event. Power is NOT available. Please see full Event Regulations prior to application.
- Application forms are due on March 19, 2020 to ensure your space reservation. Or NEW this year - register online!
- Cancellations must be in writing.
- Demo Daze organizers reserve the right to terminate or limit any demonstrations or displays deemed inappropriate or objectionable due to noise, fumes, exhaust, smoke or otherwise deemed detrimental to the character and nature of Demo Daze.
- Demo Daze organizers reserve the right to restrict the distribution of printed material for solicitation deemed inappropriate or offensive.
- Demo Daze organizers reserve the right to decline applicants.
- Successful applicants are granted:
- 8’ x 10’ space in the Family Leisure Centre indoor boarded Fieldhouse (draping not included)
- one table (size may vary between 6’ and 8’ based on availability)
- 2 chairs
- Demonstration space (if requested) based on availability
- Exceptions on larger spaces may be granted on request based on availability.
- Demo Daze organizing committee will attempt to accommodate all applications for space but due to limited availability and selection procedures, will not guarantee space allocations and reserve the right to make changes as necessary.
- Power is not available.
- Public wi-fi is available.
- Set-up and take-down must occur on the day of the event.
- Booths must be staffed at all times by applicant organization or designate unless authorized by Demo Daze committee (i.e. static, unstaffed display). Organizations leaving their booth unattended may not be accepted at the next Demo Daze. Demo Daze is not responsible for the protection of authorized unstaffed booths which are unstaffed at your own risk. Demo Daze will not be responsible for any damages.
- Transference of application to a company other than to whom it has been addressed is not permitted.
- Sub-letting and sharing of exhibitor space requires prior approval from Demo Daze.
- Exhibitors must contain all materials, demonstrations, and promotional giveaways and activities within the boundaries of their exhibit space. Windshield flyers, etc. are prohibited.
- Heating devices are not allowed and are against fire regulations.
- No animals are allowed in booths or on the grounds unless authorized.
- Exhibitors may not sell/distribute food items.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted to be shown or consumed at any exhibitor site.
- Raffle draws are not permitted unless gaming license is provided to Demo Daze organizers.
- Door prizes are welcome.
- Demo Daze organizing committee reserves the right to make changes, additions or deletions to event regulations at any time.
- Propane cylinders are not permitted within the building.
- Smoking is not permitted at any time within the building.