The City of Medicine Hat offers a Child Minding Service at the Family Leisure Centre for pass holders and participants who require short term care for their children while they are using the facility for their health and fitness goals. The program serves children aged two months to eight years of age. Children eight years and over may access the pool.
|Hours of Operation||
Monday - Saturday
8:30 am - 1:30 pm
Drop In Only
|Ages||2 months - 7 years|
Child Minding is booked in 15 minute increments.
$1.50 / 15 minutes ($6/hour) per child
NEW! Punch Passes are available!
24-punches (6 hours) for $30.00
(that's one hour free compared to regular price!)
This service is available on a drop-in basis. Pre-booking is not available. Recognizing that every day may include mixed age ranges, staff will endeavor to meet Alberta Childhood Standard age ratio guidelines and may call in additional staff if necessary.
CHECK IN AND PAYMENT
Pre-payment at the Front Desk is required for Child Minding. Select a number of increments to buy and take your receipt to the Child Minding Attendant. Alternately, Punch Passes (24 increments) are available at a reduced rate over regular price. Punch Passes are non-transferable (each child must have their own punch pass).
Parent and Child must be registered as clients in our software system in order to check in to Child Minding.
Once you reach the Child Minding Room, your child will be checked in and out. We collect the child's name and age, the parent's phone number and location in the building, and the time in and out.
- Parents/Guardians must remain in the building while using Child Minding services unless they are participating in an outdoor program (a cell phone number is required).
- Children are to be dropped off and picked up promptly.
- Parents/guardians are to provide diapers and wipes that their child may require.
- Outside shoes must be removed outside the Child Minding room. Socks must be worn once inside the room to ensure safety and cleanliness.
- Due to the potential for serious allergic reactions, there is no food allowed in the Child Minding Area. Children are encouraged to have their snack in the main lobby or at one of our food services locations under the supervision of their parent/guardian before or after care. As an additional safety measure, allergies should be brought to the attention of the Child Minding caregivers.
- Personal belongings are to be labeled and must be removed from the Child Minding area upon departure. Please do not leave valuables in your child’s bag or backpack. The City of Medicine Hat is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Child Minding caregivers will not administer medication to children and medications should not be brought to the Child Minding Area. Emergency medications such as EpiPens are an exception to this—any emergency medication will be placed in the Emergency Medication bin.
- We ask that parents/guardians do not bring their children if they have a rash, cough, fever, diarrhea, nausea or are vomiting.
If you have any additional questions about our Child Minding Program, please contact the Recreation Program Coordinator at 403.525.8680 or firstname.lastname@example.org.