Please take a look at our program guide to see what's happening now!
Registration Day - Spring/Summer 2020
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020 @ 7:00 am
Registration and information can be completed in the following ways:
- Online, In Person and By Phone - 403.525.8844
- Create an online account (external link)
- Register for a class or program (external link)
Now Online! Purchase/renew your 10 Punch Pass Online.
- Create an online account (external link)
- Purchase/renew a 10 Punch Pass (external link)
Please note that our current software requires the use of Google Chrome in order for you to move through the registration process seamlessly. Google Chrome is a free browser that can be downloaded to any computer, phone, or tablet.
- Download here (external link)
Registration for programs is on a first come, first served basis. You can register during facility hours at the Family Leisure Centre or Crestwood Recreation Centre. You can also register by telephone or by utilizing our online services.
If you are registering a participant with special needs, please take the time to help us understand that need by either describing it in the comment section and/or by providing your name and contact phone number. We look forward to working with you to make this experience a positive one.
Online access begins at 7:00 am on the first day of registration. The City of Medicine Hat recommends creating your online account prior in order to speed registration. If you have any questions about setting up your account, please call us at 403.502.8566 and we will be happy to help.
**Please Note: Registrations using the credit on an account must be made in person or by phone Registrations using Financial Assistance must be made in person
- Customers are now requested to submit applications online via Jumpstart. Once approved, please bring your submission number to the Family Leisure Centre or Crestwood Recreation Centre to enroll in programs, etc.
Jumpstart allows $300 per sport (per child/per year) to a maximum of $600 per year for swim lessons, sports programs and facility punch cards for families in financial need.
Parents/guardians can provide a copy of last year’s income tax summary or notice of assessment to show financial status. Please note: Jumpstart can coordinate with other financial assistance to share the registration fee or associated costs. Please allow 1-2 weeks prior to registration day to process your application and ensure that funding is available for the children for the upcoming swim lessons.
Canadian Tire Jumpstart is a nationally registered charity dedicated to removing financial barriers so kids across Canada have the opportunity to get off the sidelines and into the game. Chapter members and Community Partners are joined by Canadian Tire Dealers and employees from across the Canadian Tire Family of Companies who are dedicated to building up their communities. Since inception in February 2005, Canadian Tire Jumpstart has given more than 880,000 kids a sporting chance.
To learn more about this program and how it can help your family, please visit this page.
The City of Medicine Hat launched the Fair Entry program to assist low-income families/individuals gain reasonable access to a range of programs throughout the city. One application for Fair Entry allows access to various subsidized services per year in Recreation, Arts & Culture, Senior Services and more. Recreation User Fee Assistance: The Fair Entry program grants 50% off up to $100 per year for City of Medicine Hat regular-priced recreation program and admissions to successful applicants at:
- Family Leisure Centre
- Crestwood Recreation Centre
- City-operated outdoor pools
Fair Entry funds are applicable to:
- Regular-priced recreation programs (including swim lessons)
- Single Admissions
- Punch Cards
- 31 Day Passes
- Annual Passes
Visit medicinehat.ca/fairentry for more information. Applicants are required to provide proof of Medicine Hat address and proof of income.
Program Cancellation Policy
100% Full Credit Refund:
- Cancellations initiated by the patron must be received at least 10 business days PRIOR to the start date of the program.
- Cancellations made by the City of Medicine Hat: Patrons will be transferred to a different lesson/ program or entitled to a full refund or credit.
- Special circumstances* occur PRIOR to the start date of the program.
Partial Credit Refund:
- Cancellations initiated by the patron that is received LESS THAN 10 business days prior to the start date of the program will be subject to a withdrawal fee of $15. The remaining refund can be applied as credit and placed on the account.
- If some portion of the program has been attended and special circumstances* occur, a prorated credit refund will be considered based on the amount attended
No Refund OR Credit:
- NO Refund or Credit for cancellations made AFTER or DAY OF the start date of the program unless special circumstances* occur.
- Medical condition develops (doctor's note required - verifiable by Customer Service Staff.
- Family relocation to another city/town
- Death in the immediate family (grandparent, mother, father, sibling)
- Registrants will not be charged to add or remove a name on a waiting list.
- Registration and payment processing will be handled only once the course slot is offered to the individual.
Unsuccessful Course Completion
- If a registrant in a lesson is unsuccessful at meeting the minimum standards for advancement, the registrant will NOT be charged a fee for adjustments to other registration already established in successive levels if changed or withdrawn prior to the start of the next class.