Strathcona Centre will be closed for undergo a major renovation starting September 2, 2019. The project encompasses the replacement of important components which have reached their end of lifecycle, including the roofing system, HVAC equipment and fire alarm components. The exterior of the building will be given a facelift, and a new entryway with barrier-free access will better accommodate members with mobility aids.
Strathcona Centre activities will be re-located during the closure – click here for activity schedule updates, or contact 403-529-8307.
Fitness centre members of the Strathcona Centre will have their memberships honoured at the Crestwood Recreation Centre until renovations are complete.
Strathcona is scheduled to re-open December 2, 2019.
Strathcona Centre is a vibrant community hub, offering social networks, services, and supports to people 50+ in Medicine Hat. Strathcona Centre hosts a new fitness facility, with updated work out equipment, as well as space for clubs and activities to meet and connect.
Philosophy & Principles
Here at Medicine Hat Senior Services, we believe that:
- Persons 50-plus have and want to share their talents, wisdom, experience and many abilities.
- Volunteers are essential and should be valued and recognized.
- Adults 50-plus contribute to and are valuable members of our community.
- Healthy communities need all ages and entities to work together by developing strong partnerships.
- Services should be coordinated and non-duplicated.
- It is essential that we provide choices to individuals.
- Nutrition, active living and wellness programs are important factors for a person’s well-being.
- Education and information assists families to make informed decisions about their lives.
- Special events are fun. They link the community, dispel myths about aging, use senior expertise and conserve our heritage.
- Ongoing learning stimulates wellness, builds self-esteem, provides opportunities to use new skills and maintains current technological abilities.
- A holistic approach to program and services provision is essential.
1150 - 5th Street SE
Medicine Hat, AB, T1A 8C7