Strathcona Centre is a vibrant community hub, offering social networks, services, and supports to people 50+ in Medicine Hat. Strathcona Centre hosts a new fitness facility, with updated work out equipment, as well as space for clubs and activities to meet and connect.
Philosophy & Principles
Here at Medicine Hat Senior Services, we believe that:
- Persons 50-plus have and want to share their talents, wisdom, experience and many abilities.
- Volunteers are essential and should be valued and recognized.
- Adults 50-plus contribute to and are valuable members of our community.
- Healthy communities need all ages and entities to work together by developing strong partnerships.
- Services should be coordinated and non-duplicated.
- It is essential that we provide choices to individuals.
- Nutrition, active living and wellness programs are important factors for a person’s well-being.
- Education and information assists families to make informed decisions about their lives.
- Special events are fun. They link the community, dispel myths about aging, use senior expertise and conserve our heritage.
- Ongoing learning stimulates wellness, builds self-esteem, provides opportunities to use new skills and maintains current technological abilities.
- A holistic approach to program and services provision is essential.
1150 - 5th Street SE
Medicine Hat, AB, T1A 8C7