Membership to Senior Services programming is available to all adults who are 50-plus. In addition to joining a vibrant community, there are many benefits to becoming a member. Regular and full memberships are available and renewable on a yearly basis.
Benefits of a regular membership:
- Participation in over 40 leisure activities including fitness classes, cards, choir, art and crafts, scrabble, writing, carpet bowling, floor curling, shuffleboard, table tennis, bocce, line dancing, darts, and more.
- Educational activities such as videos, workshops, computer classes and other instructional activities.
- Reduced prices at #TheBistro @Veiner Centre.
- Enjoyment of 50+ Weekly Night Out, including games, cards and dancing.
- A chance to enter and win in the weekly membership draw.
- Access to resource computers and borrowing books/resources.
Benefits of a Full Membership:
- All of the benefits listed above PLUS
- Full access to the Strathcona Centre Fitness Equipment including:
- Elliptical machines
- Treadmills and Resistance Training
The cost of a membership is $100 for a year (includes GST). If you want to access the Fitness Centre at Strathcona Centre, the cost is an additional $200 for a year, for a total of $300 per year (includes GST). Memberships can be purchased between 8am - 3pm at the Veiner Centre (225 Woodman Ave SE) and are valid for a full year from the date of purchase.
All members will receive a membership card with their picture on it, which identifies you as a current member.
If you have financial barriers you may qualify for the ‘Fair Entry’ subsidy which qualifies you for a fee reduction on some services, including a membership with Senior Services.