In order to process your application, we require a completed application form. This must be signed by the applicant to be considered for funding.
If the applicant is unable to sign in person, an email from the applicant may be submitted with the application. This email must contain all relevant information, including the contractor name, incentive type and project address.
An incomplete application will be returned for resubmission and will not be processed.
Please ensure that you've attached all required documentation, as outlined below:
- Detailed receipts or invoices (must include a description of the project, total costs, and proof of payment for each receipt / invoice)
- A copy of the official EnerGuide® rating label
- A copy of the evaluation report provided by the energy advisor
- A copy of the building permit
- Detailed receipts or invoices (must include a description of the project, total costs, system size and proof of payment for each receipt / invoice)
- Final Electrical Inspection obtained from the City's Safety Codes Services
- Commissioning Report obtained from the City's Electrical Utility Department for applicable installations
- Photo(s) including all panels, inverters, and meters clearly showing CSA or equivalent Canadian certification approval labels
Original documentation will not be returned to the Applicant by HAT Smart.
Note: All applications shall be subject to approval by HAT Smart. A completed Application Form is NOT a guarantee of eligibility for a rebate under the program, nor payment of the rebate itself. Rebates are based on fully completed Application Forms and issued on a first come, first served basis. An incomplete Application Form can result in a delay of payment or no payment if program funds have been exhausted.