How To Participate / Application Form
The Energy Star® Air Conditioner Incentive Program (the Program) offers rebates to residential utility customers to purchase and install energy efficient air conditioners in their homes. The rebate amount is rewarded on a flat rate for all qualifying units.
To participate in the Program, follow the steps below:
- Determine your eligibility
Before completing any work under the Program, please ensure that you read through the eligibility requirements and the Program Terms & Conditions. For instance, you must currently have an Electric or Natural Gas Utility account with the City of Medicine Hat to qualify.
- Purchase an ENERGY STAR® certified air conditioner
All central ENERGY STAR® certified air conditioners with SEER ratings of 16 or higher qualify for this incentive program. Only split model systems are eligible, incentive does not apply to single package systems.
Need help finding a qualifying model? Visit the ENERGY STAR website for more information:
Complete and submit a fully completed application form to HAT Smart. This must be signed by the applicant to be considered for funding.
If the applicant is unable to sign in person, an email from the applicant may be submitted with the application. This email must contain all relevant information, including the contractor name, incentive type and project address.
An incomplete application will be returned for resubmission and will not be processed. The City of Medicine Hat Utility Account Number for the project address can be found on your monthly utility statement.
The Utility Account number is comprised of two parts:
- Location ID (first 6 digits, specific to the project address); and
- Customer ID (last 7 digits, specific to the applicant).
If you are unable to locate the account number, please contact Customer Service.
Don't know how to submit your application? Visit the How To Apply page for more information.
- Cheque: mailed to the address provided on your application form within 6 to 8 weeks
- Credit: applied to your City of Medicine Hat Utility Account in the next billing period
- Direct Deposit: deposited directly in to your bank account. Complete the form below and return it to HAT Smart to submit to the City of Medicine Hat's Accounts Payable department with your application.
- Direct to the Contractor: The applicant may assign the payment of the rebate directly to the contractor upon project completion with the applicants signed approval.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Deadline for applications is noon on January 8, 2021 (noon on the last business day before January 10 of the following year), provided Program funding is still available.
Rebates are processed on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED basis. Late or incomplete applications will be declined.
Note: All applications shall be subject to approval by HAT Smart. A completed Application Form is NOT a guarantee of eligibility for a rebate under the program, nor payment of the rebate itself. Rebates are based on fully completed Application Forms and issued on a first come, first served basis. An incomplete Application Form can result in a delay of payment or no payment if program funds have been exhausted.