Terms & Conditions / Eligibility
To qualify for a rebate under the Program, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- All City of Medicine Hat residential Electric and/or Natural Gas Utility customers are eligible to apply once per residential address during the Program duration.
- Eligible items must appear on the list of qualified energy conservation/renewable energy items that is included on the application form. Contact HAT Smart to get unlisted items approved. To qualify, the suggested item(s) must save electricity and/or natural gas. Purchases can be made from a retailer, wholesaler, or online.
- Scratch tickets are available in denominations of 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, and 100%. There is an equal number of each of the five denominations in circulation. Ticket must be scratched within view of a Customer Service Representative at City Hall.
- The maximum allowable amount per scratch is $100, including GST. Receipts can be greater than $100, but the Scratch & Win percentage value will be calculated based on the $100 maximum.
- Invoices and receipts must be paid in full and dated between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. The Goods and Services Tax (GST) is not considered a part of the total project costs; therefore, HAT Smart rebates will be based on pre-tax amounts and will not exceed the amount of total project costs (before GST), regardless of the maximum listed rebate amount.
- Purchases used for the HAT Smart Scratch & Win cannot be combined with any other HAT Smart incentive.
Note: All applications shall be subject to approval by HAT Smart. A completed Application Form is NOT a guarantee of eligibility for a rebate under the program, nor payment of the rebate itself. Rebates are based on fully completed Application Forms and issued on a first come, first served basis. An incomplete Application Form can result in a delay of payment or no payment if program funds have been exhausted.