Terms & Conditions/Eligibility
To qualify for a rebate under the Program, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- All City of Medicine Hat residential Electric and/or Natural Gas Utility customers are eligible to apply once per residential address during the Program term.
- This incentive program is for new residential properties.
- EnerGuide® ratings must be determined under the ERS v.15 rating system. The rebate amount awarded under this program will be determined based on the number of gigajoules achieved below the “typical new home” baseline, as determined by an energy advisor.
- All gigajoule savings contributed through on-site renewable energy will not be included when determining the rebate amount should the Applicant also be applying for a rebate through the Solar Electric Incentive Program. If you choose to include these contributions through this Program, additional documentation will be required as outlined in the following section.
- To qualify for the current year Program, the final invoice from the Energy Advisor must be paid in full and dated between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020.
Note: All applications shall be subject to approval by HAT Smart. A completed Application Form is NOT a guarantee of eligibility for a rebate under the program, nor payment of the rebate itself. Rebates are based on fully completed Application Forms and issued on a first come, first served basis. An incomplete Application Form can result in a delay of payment or no payment if program funds have been exhausted.