Terms & Conditions/Eligibility
To qualify for a rebate under the Program, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- All City of Medicine Hat residential Electric and/or Natural Gas Utility customers are eligible to apply once per residential address during the Program duration.
- Eligible items must appear on the following list of qualified energy conservation/renewable energy items. If you have purchased an energy-saving item that is not on the list, contact HAT Smart. To qualify, the suggested item(s) must save electricity and/or natural gas. Purchases can be made from a retailer, wholesaler, or online.
- Lighting & Timers: Light Emitting Diode (LED)/Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFL) Bulbs, Motion Sensors, Timers (Programmable, Outdoor, Indoor, Photoelectric)
- Equipment & Power Bars: Watt Meters, Power Cost Monitors, Energy Monitors, Smart Battery Chargers, Power Bars (Surge Protection, Smart Shutdown, Timer, Compact)
- Outdoor & Solar: Hot Tub Cover, Pool Cover, Energy Efficient Pool Pumps, Awnings, Push Reel Lawnmowers, Solar Lights, Solar Battery Chargers
- Home Heating & Cooling: Programmable Thermostats, Furnace Filters, Vent Deflectors, Fans (Ceiling, Portable, Floor Stand, Attic), Solar Shades, Shutters, Energy Efficient Window Coverings, Screen Doors
- Insulation & Sealing: Water Piping Insulation, Outlet Plate Gaskets, Weather Stripping, Expanding Foam, Sealing Tapes, Window Kits, Caulking (Latex, Silicone, Acoustical, Exterior, Interior, Multi-Use)
- Water Heating & Laundry: Low Flow Shower Heads, Faucet Aerators, Outdoor/Indoor Clothes Lines, Cold Water Washing Detergents
- Home Servicing: Furnace, Air Conditioner, Heat Pump Servicing, Refrigerator Removal
- ENERGY STAR® Certified Appliances
- Vehicles & Transportation: Block Heater Timers, Cords (Power Saving, Thermostatically Controlled, Timer Setting), Bus Passes
- Scratch tickets are available in denominations of 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, and 100%. There is an equal number of each of the five denominations in circulation. Ticket will be scratched, in front of a witness, by a Customer Service Representative at City Hall.
- The maximum allowable amount per scratch is $100, not including GST. Receipts can be greater than $100, but the Scratch & Win percentage value will be calculated based on the $100 maximum.
- Invoices and receipts must be paid in full and dated between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. The Goods and Services Tax (GST) is not considered a part of the total project costs; therefore, HAT Smart rebates will be based on pre-tax amounts and will not exceed the amount of total project costs (before GST), regardless of the maximum listed rebate amount.
- Purchases used for the HAT Smart Scratch & Win cannot be combined with any other HAT Smart incentive.
Note: All applications shall be subject to approval by HAT Smart. A completed Application Form is NOT a guarantee of eligibility for a rebate under the program, nor payment of the rebate itself. Rebates are based on fully completed Application Forms and issued on a first come, first served basis. An incomplete Application Form can result in a delay of payment or no payment if program funds have been exhausted.