Terms & Conditions/Eligibility
To qualify for a rebate under the Program, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- All City of Medicine Hat residential Electric Utility customers are eligible to apply once per residential address during the Program term.
- This incentive program is for existing and new residential properties. An existing home is any home built more than six months prior to installations, replacements, and/or upgrades.
- Eligible solar PV systems must be designed and installed by a qualified installer and system components and must be CSA or ULC approved for installation in Canada.
- The minimum installation requirement is a 1.5 kW solar PV system. The solar PV system must be grid connected in accordance with the Government of Alberta’s Micro-Generation Regulation (AR27/2008), as amended from time to time.
- Invoices and receipts must be paid in full and dated between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. The Goods and Services Tax (GST) is not considered a part of the total project costs; therefore, HAT Smart rebates will be based on pre-tax amounts and will not exceed the amount of total project costs (before GST), regardless of the maximum listed rebate amount.
- Combined incentives from government programs must not exceed 100% of eligible project costs.
Note: All applications shall be subject to approval by HAT Smart. A completed Application Form is NOT a guarantee of eligibility for a rebate under the program, nor payment of the rebate itself. Rebates are based on fully completed Application Forms and issued on a first come, first served basis. An incomplete Application Form can result in a delay of payment or no payment if program funds have been exhausted.