Saving energy begins at home. It’s simple - when we use less, we save more. By using energy more efficiently, you not only protect the environment, but keep more money in your own pocket.
You want to know, "How energy efficient is my home now?" But knowing where to start isn’t always easy. So whatever your reason for wanting to make your home energy efficient, HAT Smart is here to help. We know that you may have questions before you begin.
- Where should I invest my money?
- How do I compare to others in the community?
- What options are available to help me?
You want to know more because after all, knowledge is power.
HAT Smart recognizes that by connecting residents to the information that is important to them, we are setting our community up to make smarter decisions for the future. Find out more on how knowledge saves power and get HAT Smarter this year.
To get started, click on a topic below:
- Residential Energy Savings Handbook (PDF)
- Typical Residential Utility Usage
- Neighbourhood Utility Consumption Map
- Understanding Your Utility Bill
- Benefits of Solar Panels
- EnerGuide® Home Evaluations
- Self-Audit Toolkit
- Efficiency and Conservation Tips
- What is Energy Efficiency?
- Speaking the Language of Energy
What is Knowledge Saves Power?
The City of Medicine Hat launched its Knowledge Saves Power project in the fall of 2017. The goal of the project is to connect residents to tools and information to help them conserve energy in their homes. From additional messaging on utility bills to the introduction of a MyHEAT map that will enable residents to visualize heat lost from their homes, the City is introducing various tools to encourage action amongst residents in Medicine Hat.
This project is being completed through the HAT Smart program and is made possible by a financial contribution from Natural Resources Canada.