The following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) establish the eligibility requirements and related terms and conditions for an entry in to the Power-Down Challenge (“Challenge”):
Prizes will be drawn on September 18, 2019. Winners will be contacted and the Utility Bill account holder is responsible for collecting their prize from HAT Smart within 30 days. Photo ID must be shown at time of pick up.
The Entrant consents to the disclosure of information to HAT Smart and agrees to allow HAT Smart (City) employees to access the Entrant’s Utility account for the purpose of verifying results. Winners must be willing to have their name and/or picture published, at the City’s discretion. HAT Smart undertakes that the information provided by the Entrant will not be sold or distributed for commercial or promotional purposes or financial gain.
In submitting the entry, the Entrant consents to the collection and use, disclosure and retention of the personal information herein provided for five years, following which such information will be destroyed or made anonymous.
The Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the City makes no representation or warranty, whether expressed, implied, direct or indirect, with respect to any third party products, services or other measures that the Entrant has purchased and which are used to reduce energy consumption for the purpose of the Challenge.
The City reserves the right to change or terminate the Challenge at any time without notice or explanation.
The City accepts no responsibility for incomplete entries. Such entries will neither be processed nor held by the City. The City is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late or misdirected mail or illegible submissions.
By participating, contest entrants: (1) represent that they have complied with these Official Terms and Conditions; (2) are the Utility Bill account holder and grant the City the right to use his or her name, and likeness; (3) release the City of Medicine Hat from all liability in connection with this Contest; and (4) agree to execute an affidavit of eligibility/prize acceptance form and publicity release if requested to do so, all without further compensation.
The City reserves the right to disqualify anyone who attempts to tamper or otherwise interfere with the proper functioning of the promotion.
- The Challenge, administered by HAT Smart through the City of Medicine Hat (“City”) will be in effect from August 1, 2019 to August 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. MST (“Term”).
- To be eligible for participation in the Challenge, the Entrant must be a City residential Electric Utility customer who has resided at the same address for a minimum of one year as of August 1, 2019 (on or before August 1, 2018). Entrants who have not lived in the same dwelling for one (1) consecutive year are not eligible to enter or win.
- Entries will be accepted at Customer Service at City Hall until August 30, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. MST and online at www.hatsmart.ca/powerdown until August 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. MST.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top three Entrants that meet a minimum requirement of a 5% reduction in electricity consumption during the Challenge Term over the same period in the prior year (August, 2018). All prizes are in the form of City of Medicine Hat Gift Cards and will be awarded as follows:
- $500 Grand Prize for highest electricity reduction; $250 for second place and $100 for third place. Should any category result in a tie among Entrants, HAT Smart (City) staff will determine one winner based on a random draw.
- Entrants who challenge family and friends to participate are eligible to win a $100 gift card and all remaining Entrants will be entered in to a random draw for a $50 gift card.
- The Entrant further acknowledges and agrees that the City is not responsible for the design, verification, and/or operation of the product, and accepts no liability nor guarantees or makes any representations with respect to estimated or possible energy savings that may be incurred in the function of the products, services or measures, and/or the installation, performance, reliability, safety, use or fitness of the products for the Entrant’s particular purpose.