Veiner Centre has always been a welcoming, diverse place for people to meet and connect. After the flood in 2013, Veiner Centre has been completely renovated, and boasts state of the art technology and amenities, available to many in our community. Together with the Strathcona Centre, Veiner Centre creates the backbone of Senior Services in Medicine Hat.
Philosophy & Principles
Here at Medicine Hat Senior Services, we believe that:
- Persons 50-plus have and want to share their talents, wisdom, experience and many abilities.
- Volunteers are essential and should be valued and recognized.
- Adults 50-plus contribute to and are valuable members of our community.
- Healthy communities need all ages and entities to work together by developing strong partnerships.
- Services should be coordinated and non-duplicated.
- It is essential that we provide choices to individuals.
- Nutrition, active living and wellness programs are important factors for a person’s well-being.
- Education and information assists families to make informed decisions about their lives.
- Special events are fun. They link the community, dispel myths about aging, use senior expertise and conserve our heritage.
- Ongoing learning stimulates wellness, builds self-esteem, provides opportunities to use new skills and maintains current technological abilities.
- A holistic approach to program and services provision is essential.
Hours of Operation
Veiner Centre Hours of Operation are:
Monday to Friday - 9am - 10pm
Saturday - CLOSED except for booking private functions
Sunday - 12pm - 4pm
Veiner Centre is located at:
225 Woodman Ave SE
Medicine Hat, AB T1A 3H2
You can contact us at the Veiner Centre Front Desk at 403-529-8307.