The City's Carry Drive SE Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation project started on July 5 and continues through the summer and fall in phases along Carry Drive.
SEE MAP BELOW
Traffic (updated July 23, 2018)
- UPDATE July 23: Night pipe cleaning continues from 7 pm to 7 am until July 24. One-lane traffic may be in place. Please obey all traffic signage.
- Temporary detours will be required, but two-way traffic will be maintained along detour routes.
- Temporary road closures and work zones will be localized to short stretches and clearly signed.
- During construction, access to Cuyler Road and the east entrance to the Medicine Hat Exhibition and Stampede Grounds will be maintained for access by vehicles and horse trailers from July 20 to 30th, 2018.
- Note that work zones may move from one area to another and are not sequential in nature.
- To minimize public disturbance much of the rehabilitation work will be carried out using trenchless pipe lining methods, meaning that open excavations throughout the project area will be minimal in number and size.
- As work progresses, updates will be regularly posted on the City's Facebook and Twitter sites advising of temporary detour changes.
Please watch for construction workers and obey all traffic signage
For more information:
Environmental Utilities: 403.529.8176
CLICK HERE to watch a short video that shows the installation process for trenchless sanitary sewer rehabilitation, undertaken to ensure the structural soundness of our infrastructure for residents.
MAP SHOWING WORK AREA