Police Point Trail from the popular park to Parkview Close NE re-opens on Friday June 28. Grass seeding will take place the week of July 2 - please obey signs and flag people around these operations.
Read the Announcement HERE
Below are photos of trail restoration following completion of the new Lift Station.
Scroll down for more information about the new Crescent Heights Lift Station, serving 15% of the City's population including Riverside and most of Crescent Heights.
Click on each photo to see a larger image:
New Lift Station Serves Riverside and most of Crescent Heights
The project included substantial underground infrastructure as well as the above-ground facility:
- Construction of a vault to store waste water and pumps that start automatically, sending it to a force main
- Installation of two kilometers of newly completed underground pipeline, transporting waste water to the Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Construction of the above-ground building that houses important controls, sensors and a back-up generator
- Demolition of the original 1961 lift station facility
Project Details and Benefits
The Crescent Heights Lift Station serves approximately 15% of the City’s population, including Riverside and most of Crescent Heights. The project included:
- Construction of a large underground vault which houses submersible pumps that convey wastewater to the Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Installation of two kilometers of 750mm forcemain which ties into the existing wastewater system
- Construction of the above-ground building that houses electrical and mechanical controls and a back-up generator so the facility can maintain operation during utility power failure
- Decommissioning and demolition of the original 1961 lift station facility
This new lift station facility is part of the City’s flood mitigation strategy which includes relocation of three existing lift stations to higher elevations where they can continue to operate in flood situations.
Thank you for understanding and respecting the trail’s closure during the project, which will provide benefits for many years to come.
For more information: