- This major project will complete installation of a storm sewer to improve local area drainage
- 2019 work continues along Saamis Drive NW between 3rd Street NW and Sun City Ford
Timing and Traffic Accommodations
- This project begins on Monday, April 15, 2019
- Storm sewer installation began in spring 2018. It is anticipated that it will be completed by fall, 2019, pending weather and unforeseen delays.
- During construction, the work zone along Saamis Drive NW will be closed from 3rd Street NW to Sun City Ford
- To access Sun City Ford, the Dream Centre Church and Access Condos, motorists are advised to approach Saamis Drive from Box Springs Road
- The public is reminded that speed fines are doubled in construction zones and to please watch for flag persons and construction signage in these areas
- Installation of the new storm sewer is an $18 million dollar major infrastructure project that will improve local area drainage
- Local businesses and condominium residents have been notified of the work zone.
- Access to businesses and residences is available from Box Springs Road
- The City will provide regular updates on this page and via public advisories and social media channels
The City of Medicine Hat apologizes for the inconvenience and thanks you in advance for your cooperation.
For more information:
Municipal Works Department