Medicine Hat – Medicine Hat – The City of Medicine Hat Electric Distribution Department is completing a Transmission Line Upgrade Project this fall that requires work between Southridge Drive and 13th Avenue SE, following the existing transmission line route. This work will require intermittent pathway closures with temporary fencing to ensure safety when lines are being attached to new power poles. Once each section is completed, pathways will re-open to allow pedestrian traffic, to minimize inconvenience as much as possible while construction occurs.
To ensure your safety:
- Please watch for signs, temporary fencing and barricades that will indicate the construction areas and pathway closures.
- Obey all signs posted while work crews are on site.
Preparation and Construction Schedule:
- Work crews are currently preparing sites for construction and will be installing matting to protect the greenscape.
- Preparation work will be completed by October 15.
- The construction and installation phase will take place during the last two weeks of November.
There will be regular notifications on the City’s social media sites advising of the project’s progress. Once completed, the Transmission Line Upgrade will meet the growing demand for electricity on the west side of the city. We thank you for your patience.
For further information, please contact:
Electric Distribution Department