PUBLIC NOTICE AND STAKEHOLDER CONSULTATION
Proposed Substation MHS-10
The City is planning construction of MHS-10 electrical substation, located in the northwest industrial area of Medicine Hat. This project is part of the City’s plan to install electric infrastructure in the northwest industrial area to supply servicing of future developments. Upon completion of the stakeholder consultation process, the City of Medicine Hat will be applying to the Alberta Utility Commission (AUC) for approval to construct and operate the substation.
The substation will be constructed on the west side of Box Springs Road, north of Broadway Avenue and south of 52nd Street NW. The following components will be installed with the fenced station:
• Two 138/13kV Power Transformers
• Three 138kV circuit breakers with associated disconnect switches
• Two 138 kV circuit switchers
• Associated protection, controls and station services
• Two switchgear buildings and one substation controlling building
• Control Transformers
- VIEW MAP OF LOCATION (PDF)
Anticipated Project Schedule
• Initial Stakeholder consultation process August 2018
• File application with Alberta Utility Commission September 2018
• Start Construction March 2019
• Complete construction and start-up substation November 2019
The development will have minimal impacts to future land development as it will be constructed on City-owned lands planned for future industrial lots.
The City will continue to engage stakeholders throughout the process from the planning phase through to project completion. We welcome your feedback within the next two weeks to help us refine the project prior to our application to AUC. Please contact us by mail, e-mail or telephone to provide your input.
For more information please contact:
(On behalf of City of Medicine Hat Utility Distribution Systems)
Colliers Project Leaders
900 Royal Bank Building
335 8th Ave. SW
Calgary, AB T2P 1C9 Canada